Calderon Produce, Inc. plants, grows, harvests, and packs produce. The company farmed tomatoes exclusively during the launch of the farming enterprise. After some years, it expanded to farming pickling and regular cucumbers.
The pickling and regular cucumber always offers more than just water and electrolytes.
Calderon Produce Inc. also produces this delicious vegetable and we do them right!
So.... What are Cucumbers?
- One of the oldest crops, and believed to be originated in the northern sub-Himalayan plains of India.. The plant is very alike to other members of Cucurbits family such as gourds, squashes, melons, zucchinis, etc.
- The cucumber belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family.
- The cucumber is easy to grow. Varieties varying in size, shape, and color are cultivated around the globe under different climatic zones. The fruit features a dark-green skin, moisture rich flesh and small edible seeds concentrated near its core.
- Cucumbers are 96% water, which means they do not contain as many nutrients as a drier vegetable like squash. However cucumbers are low in fat, sodium, and calories.
- One-half cup of sliced cucumbers has just 8 calories.
- The cucumber is one of the lowest calorie vegetables, provided by just 15 calories for a 100 grams. It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. The cucumber peel is also a good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation and offers some protection against colon cancers by eliminating toxic compounds from the gut.
The table below shows the in depth analysis of nutrients for Fresh Cucumbers. - Source : USDA National Nutrient database
So what are you waiting for? Come and Get your Cucumbers here at Calderon Produce!!!!
To find out more about us please click any of the links below:
Champions of Change: http://sustainableagriculture.net/blog/champions-of-change/
USDA´s Value Added Produce Magazine : http://sfntoday.com/nc-produce-grower-grows-operation-with-usdas-value-added-producer-grant-program/